Jump rope game is a game that resembles a rope composed of rubber bands, this is a very popular game around the 70s to 80s, a favorite at school and after the afternoon bath at home. Simple but useful, can be used as a means of playing as well as sports. The rope used is made of braided rubber bands are widely available around us.
How to play can be done by individuals or groups, if only playing alone usually the child will tie the rope on the pole or whatever is possible and then jump. If playing in groups usually involves a minimum of three children, two children will hold the end of the rope; One on the left, one on the right, while the other gets a turn to jump over the rope. Ropes stretched with graded altitudes, from lowest to highest. The clever jumped up, he was the one who came out as the winner. While the loser will change the position to be the holder of the rope. The solitary game can also be skipping, that is, holding both ends of the rope and then swinging it through the head to feet while jumping.
Actually the jump rope game can be played since the kindergarten children (about 4-5 years) because their rough motorcycle is ready, let alone playing jump rope to answer their curiosity will be like jumping. But generally this game is new popular in school age (about 6 years). Type jump rope game is divided into two: Foot jump is a relaxed and a sport / sport. The casual leash rope is usually played by girls while the sports / sports are played by the boys. In other words, the jump rope game can be played by both men and women regardless of gender.
The history of building a jump rope
Until now not clear also where the origin of this game. But many people suspect that the game is very popular in the 70s to 80s is derived from Europe brought to the archipelago and played by the Dutch children during the colonial period. This is especially relevant considering the rope jumping game in Holland is also held by two people while one person jumps between the ropes. While in other European regions, this game is played by one person only as is usually played when jumping rope while exercising.
Although not yet clear the origin of this game, but some say that the game has been played in Egypt since 1600 years before Christ. But there is also an argument that says this game comes from China considering the variations of the jump rope games so diverse in the country down to the Japanese plains. But there are also opinions that say the Aboriginal people in Australia have played this hereditary game, they use bamboo media, or other vines that exist in the forest.
Jump rope or ever popular among children in the 70’s to 80’s. This jump rope game is a favorite when “out playing” at school and after the afternoon bath at home. Jump rope games are played together by 3 to 10 children. When and where this game began to be difficult to know for sure. However, from the name of the game itself it can be presumed that this game appeared in colonial times. The equipment used in rope jumping games is very simple, that is, rubber bands are woven or strung up to reach the required size, usually around 3 to 4 meters.
How to play Jump rope
- The player performs fiddling to determine the two players who are the holders of the rope.
- Both players who are the holders of the rope do pick up to determine who will get a turn to play first if there are players who failed to jump.
- The two players who are the holders of the rubber strap straps and the players have to jump one by one. The height of the rubber ranging from the level of the ankle, then up to the knees, thighs, until the waist. At these elevation stages, the player must jump without touching the rubber strap. If there is a player who touches the rubber strap when it jumps, the play turn is over and he must replace the player holding the rope.
- The rubber rope position is raised to the chest, then the chin, the ears, the crown, the raised hand up with feet on tiptoe. At these elevation stages, players may touch the rubber strap when jumping, provided the player can pass the rope and not get caught. Players are also allowed to use various movements to facilitate the leap, provided they do not use tools.
- Players who fail to jump over the rubber strap must stop the game and replace the rope holder. If all height levels have been successfully completed by the players, the rubber strap is lowered and the game starts from a